A Lesson Plan in TLE II
Craft and Industries
Given the demonstration, the students with 70% accuracy should be able to:
1. 1. Define crochet;
2. 2. Differentiate the different stitches in crochet;
3. 3. Show a sample demonstration from the different stitches in crochet; and
4. 4. Appreciate the beauty of crochet design
II. Subject Matter:
Topic: Basic stitches in crochet
Skills: Listening and observing, ability to apply the principles of crocheting
Values to be developed: Knowledge, creativity, innovativeness, appreciation to aesthetics
III. References: de Guzman, Ines A. Module in Craft 2
Materials: Yarn, hook, IM’s for procedure, A sample realia of different stitches and models that are made out of crochet like doilies, glass jacket, pouch and bag
IV. Procedure: (Demonstration Method)
(The teacher shows the different models made out of crochet like doilies, bag, glass jacket, pouch and they are expected to answer these questions)
a. From the things that you’ve seen, do you think that it’s so interesting to do a handiwork like these?
b. What do you think is the way of making these kinds of things?
c. What do you mean by Crochet?
A. Setting of Standards
1. The teacher conducts a short discussion about the history of crochet.
2. The teacher shows an expository demonstration regarding on the basic style of stitches
3. The student’s are expected to observe very keenly
B. The teacher directed demonstration proper
The different stitches in crocheting are being demonstrated properly by it’s different forms and kinds (chain stitch, double crochet, triple crochet, double crochet, double treble crochet, triple treble crochet)
After the demonstration, the student’s will perform a return demonstration on the style that they want to execute.
Ø Differentiate the following stitches:
1. Chain stitch from double crochet
2. Double crochet from treble crochet
3. Treble crochet from double treble crochet
4. Double treble crochet from triple treble crochet
Ø What stitch is best used for peoples dresses in terms of:
2. Sumer season
3. Rainy season
4. Business or income
The teacher will generate the criteria for rating based on the characteristics of crochet output.
Create a pouch with your own crochet design